Update: Release 7 has been submitted for certification tonight as some users have pointed out a severe bug in Release 6 when using multiple terminals. Release 7 will hopefully be certified quickly.
Release 6 is now live in the store! Check out the previous post for more information.
Release 7 will fix some bugs with Release 6, include new features, and experimental features. These features are guaranteed to be part of Release 7:
- Background connections available for up to 5 terminals. The slots for background connections fill up sequentially. Once a terminal disconnects, its background slot becomes available for the next terminal to connect. The 5 slot limit is imposed by WinRT. Basically, on Windows RT devices or certain Windows 8 laptop configurations, switching out of the app will not disconnect up to 5 terminals.
- Scale (Pinch and Push) gestures for transitioning between fullscreen and windowed.
Saved connections are now editable.
- Slightly improved speed over release 6 from a reduction of Task switching.
- Fixed a bug where typing an incorrect password would prevent the password box from working correctly for that connection until the app is restarted.
- Fixed a rare bug where the terminal will not draw some text received until more text is received or a key is pressed.
The following features will possibly be included in
Release 7Release 8:
- Copy and pasting from the Terminal.
- Thumbnails of the terminal in the connection list for connected terminals.
- Saved connections will be editable.
Release 7Release 8 may not be submitted for certification until next week or possibly even until January 1st. I’m still getting over a cold this week, and will be spending time with family and friends over the next few days. I wish everyone a happy holiday and a happy new year. Thank you for your support!